The construction and functioning of a Medical Centre at Keur Samba Yacine
- Helping in the construction of a Medical Centre with the support of the Midi Pyrenees Region (Worth €35000)
- Equipping the Medical Centre with medical materials and furniture with the help of Pharmacie Humanitaire Internationale, Medecins du Monde et Emmaus
- The Employment of a Nurse and the payment of her salary
- Equipping the Medical Centre with solar energy
- Providing the Medical centre with drugs on a quarterly basis since it’s opening in 2006 (With the help of Medecins du Monde and Pharmacie Humanitaire Internationale)
Malvy’s visit (President of the Midi Pyrenees regional council) to Keur Samba Yacine for the opening of the Medical Centre.
The Construction of a guest lodge for tourists at Keur Samba Yacine
- Helping in the construction and furnishing of a guest lodge for foreign visitors which consists of two big huts with the capacity to accommodate 10 people (double rooms), a dining room, two toilets and a shower cubicle (which requires the use of buckets).
- Helping in the construction and furnishing of a guest lodge for families which consists of two rooms (a double bed and two single beds) which each have a toilet and shower as well as a dining room.
- Helping in the construction of a toilet and an additional shower cubicle in the guest lodge for the tourists.
The construction of a community kitchen at Keur Samba Yacine
- Helping in the construction and the equipping of a community kitchen situated behind the guest lodge so as to enable the women of the village come together to prepare meals for the tourists and during big events in the village.
The construction and equipping of various classrooms in the village and its surrounding villages
Complete renovation (masonry, painting) and equipping of the Nursery school in Keur Samba Yacine (furniture, swing, bicycles, etc) – worth €1500
Financing the construction of a classroom at Daga and KeurPathe (Worth €1100)
The construction of a workshop room for the women’s group at Keur Samba Yacine
Help in the construction of a workshop room to enable women come together so as to develop their craft industry (a dyeing workshop, sewing workshop, meeting rooms, etc)
Collecting and sending medical materials to the Hospital at Thies
- Expansion of the chicken farming project by the women in the village,
- An organic vegetable garden that will be jointly managed by the tourists,
- Training the villagers in the area of farming, animal rearing, handicrafts, the use of computers and how to receive visitors well,
- Tiling the Medical Centre to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene there,
- Computerization of the Medical Centre and the purchase of a video projector to enable the Nurse organise health awareness meetings in the village and surrounding villages.